Turkish Rose Börek (Gül Böreği)
Rose börek gets its name from its shape. We use minced meat as filling.
so it's a bit like Turkish mince pie recipe. So we do not actually use roses in the recipe. ;)
It's easy to make and it does not require much work. The instructions are written as clearly as possible but if you still have questions,
use contact form.
Rose Börek's Ingredients
2 yufka (it's a thin and plane dough, you can buy those from shops)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 300 g of minced meat
- 1 green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 200 ml milk
- 200 ml water
- 100 ml oil
- 1 tablespoon of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Chicken egg (egg yolk)
- Sesame seeds or black seeds
Turkish Rose Börek Instructions
- Cut onions and peppers into small cubes. (separately)
- Put olive oil on a frying pan.
- Add the onion pieces and fry them until they get soft.
- Add minced meat.
- Add pepper pieces, salt and black pepper.
- Fry them with mild heat.
- Filling is ready. Now we start making sauce.
- Put milk, water, oil, wheat flour and vinegar into a bowl.
- Stir with a whisk for a few minutes.
- Spread the yufka plate on the table and cut into four sections.
- Brush the sauce over the yufka's entire surface.
- Place the fillings with a spoon at the bottom edge of the yufka slice.
- Start rolling the yufka slices from outside to inside.
- Then roll again to give the shape of circle (as shows on top photo)
- Put the böreks on the baking tray and brush them with yolk.
- As final touch sprinkle Sesame Seed or Black seeds on top.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake them for 30-35 minutes.
Afiyet Olsun (Bon Appetit in Turkish)