Sugar Piece Recipe (Şekerpare)
Şekerpare is a tiny, golden taste and the name means a piece of sugar. With this recipe, you can even make them at home.
4 dl of wheat flour
1 dl sugar
150 g butter
2 teaspoons of baking powder
Little less than 1 dl of great semolina
Pinch of vanilla sugar
6 dl sugar
Şekerpare Recipe's Instructions
- Strain the flour to the countertop. Make a big pit in the middle of it and put into the pit powdered sugar, 125 g sliced butter and baking powder.
- Sprinkle the semolina flour on the rim. Add the eggs and vanilla sugar in middle. knead the dough.
- Make a dough ball and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice the ball into smaller pieces, rotate into staves and cut them into even sized pieces.
- Rotate between the palms into plum-sized balls.
- Place the little dough pieces on an oiled baking tray and put it into the oven.
- Make small circle shapes into the middle of the small dough pieces.
- Bake for 20 minutes in 180 degree oven.
- Now let's make sugar syrup.
- Heat half a liter of water, sugar and lemon slices to boil.
- Remove the kettle when the mixture starts to boil.
- Take the cookies from the oven and pour the syrup into the middle of the pot.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and let şekerparen cool.
- Finally decorate şekerpare with pistachios.